The main events organized by the ODS are lectures, tours and walks. There is a fixed fee for tours and a voluntary contribution is requested at lectures and walks.
ODS arranges a series of lectures during the winter and spring seasons. They vary in number but usually are between 4 to 6 per year. The venue for lectures is usually the theatre at the Louth Museum in Jocelyn St Dundalk. Co. Louth. The subject of the lectures is local history and can be about a person, an event, an historical building or event which would be of interest to a wide range of people. Recent lectures have included the following
- History of Aiken Barracks Dundalk and the 27th Infantry Battalion
- Housing and Living Conditions in Dundalk 1900-1960
- A Hundred Years Of Policing in Dundalk
- The Story of Macardle Moore Brewery
- Links between Newry and Dundalk